Are you an Electrician, Millwright, Operating Engineer or Tool and Die Maker? At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, our dynamic environment is sure to challenge and reward your technical skills.
At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC), the safety of our Team Members is our top priority, followed by quality as our #1 outcome. From world-class production systems to top performing finished vehicles, we take care of our people, so that everything can be just right. And no matter how good our technology, it’s the passion of our people that gets us to perfection.
As a Team Member, you will maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment while improving processes to minimize disruption to the line. Working right at the heart of our operation, you’ll be a valued member of our dedicated maintenance team and you will have the opportunity to develop and broaden your skills in this demanding, fast-paced, world-class automotive environment. Shops where you might use your valuable skills include Weld, Paint, Plastics, Press, or Assembly.
Above all, you’ll join a team motivated by continuous improvement to deliver exceptional results, and committed to lifelong learning. In return, you can look forward to working in a rewarding environment built on teamwork. As well, TMMC Team Members are recognized with the excellent compensation, benefits, and rewards we offer.
Working at TMMC means working with the best. Our plants, our people, and the vehicles we build have won many of the industry’s most prestigious awards. When you accept a Skilled Tradesperson Team Member role, you’ll receive:
- Current Starting Pay: $39.99 per hour, plus shift premiums and overtime pay (as applicable)
- Current Full Rate of Pay: $42.09 per hour, plus shift premiums and overtime pay (as applicable)
- Team Members can earn an annual bonus based on company performance and individual achievements.
- Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension Plan which allows full time Team Members to make contributions that meets their needs and have those contributions matched by TMMC
- Permanent full-time Team Members are currently entitled to receive 19 days of Paid Time Off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, and earn additional time off as they gain additional years of service.
- You’ll also be entitled to 14 scheduled days off each year, 9 statutory holidays and 5 floating holidays, which generally fall between Christmas and New Year.
- Tuition Coverage for career development and personal interest courses as well as required training for the position.
- TMMC provides all the tools and equipment that you need to do your job, whether that be specialized equipment, safety equipment and tools, as well as an allowance for uniforms and safety shoes.
- Access to onsite fitness centres in both the Cambridge and Woodstock facilities.
- Clean, safe, stable working environment.
- Support to be successful in a multi-skilled role, including in-house training and training at a local college on electrical (PLC), mechanical (hydraulics, pneumatics), equipment, and technologies.
- Opportunity to develop and broaden your electrical and mechanical skills in this demanding, fast-moving and world class automotive environment.
For Electrician and Millwright, an Ontario or Inter-Provincial 309A/442A Electrician or 426A/433A Millwright Certificate of Qualification or is required, preference given to completed Apprenticeship as an Electrician or Millwright and possess the Certificate of Apprenticeship. You must be skilled in PLC, Motor Controls, hydraulics and pneumatics troubleshooting.
For the Tool & Die role, you must An Ontario or Inter-Provincial Tool & Die Maker (430A)/Mould Maker (431A) Certificate of Qualification is required, preference given to completed Apprenticeship as a Tool & Die/Mould Maker and possess the Certificate of Apprenticeship.
To inquire about these exciting Maintenance Team Members opportunities and to learn more about what Toyota has to offer, email TMMC_Recruitment@toyota.comApply Now
Scroll down for details about on the Recruitment Process and Maintenance Team Member Development opportunities!
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We believe that working at TMMC is the “Lexus” of jobs. And we want people who work here to feel the same way. If you’re thinking of applying, make sure you can meet the demands of working in a Skilled Trades role — including shift work, manual labour, mobility, and more. If you can, we believe the rewards are second-to-none.
Complete the online application for a TMMC Skilled Team Member position.
WHAT YOU NEED: Your resume, license type, and Certificate of Qualification number.
The second step of our process is the aptitude test. You will be emailed a link for this assessment. This can be done online and takes about 1-3 hours to complete.
WHAT YOU NEED: Approximately 1-3 hours of uninterrupted time.
The mid point of our recruiting process is a written and hands-on simulation. It takes place in the Assessment Centre at Conestoga College in Kitchener. This 6 hour activity will expose you to the physical demands of the job. After you finish the aptitude test, you’ll get an email to schedule your assessment.
WHAT YOU NEED: Approximately 6 hours, Photo ID, safety shoes, and safety glasses.
INTERVIEW / WORK RELATED REFERENCE CHECKS
Once you’ve completed the work simulation, the final stage of the process is an Interview and Work Related Reference Checks. In the Interview, representatives from the manufacturing and human resources teams will get more information about your responses on the application. They will also ask behavioural questions to assess your fit at TMMC. You’ll get an email and phone call to schedule this interview. At the interview, you will be asked for work related references.
WHAT YOU NEED: Approximately 2 hours on site, Photo ID, photocopy of trade license/certification of qualification, and reference contact information.
The job offer comes as a conditional offer, pending successful completion of a medical assessment.
WHAT YOU NEED: Photo ID, void cheque/bank deposit form
When it comes time to promote, we always look in-house first. Advancement is based on merit and not simply seniority. You’re encouraged to take ownership of your career and chart your own course. For those who want it, there is opportunity to move to new areas and take on new challenges, from working on special projects to working on vehicle pre-production with colleagues in the United States and Japan.
Right from your start at TMMC, you can begin to learn and grow, building towards readiness for promotion opportunities. As your skills, knowledge, and experience grow, a structured career path planning process is here for you to support you with reaching your professional goals.Apply Now
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.