Assembling a better future
What really drives our success is our people. We are proud to build vehicles for North America right here in Canada. Every Production Team Member is highly trained and empowered to halt production if something is not up to standard.
What We Look For
Be a part of an engaged team and award-winning company. All Production Team Members start off on a 12-month renewable contract with the potential to convert to permanent.
- Safety conscious and thrive in a team environment
- Able to perform the physical requirements (repetitive motion, bending, reaching, twisting, lifting, standing, and walking)
- Available for rotating day and afternoon shifts; daily overtime with the potential of Saturday morning shift
- Available to work up to 48 hours/week
Our Work Environment
General Labourers and Production TMs work in an energetic, collaborative, safe, and quality-focused environment. Building vehicles can be physically and mentally demanding. Our Production TMs master multiple jobs by rotating to different positions throughout the day. Our TMs are on a shift schedule and work overtime when required.
There is a lot of walking involved, which means you can keep active and maintain a certain fitness. Although Production roles can be physically demanding, you gain a sense of satisfaction knowing high quality standards have been accomplished for the customer and for each other.
- Quality Circles – With continuous improvement in mind, we execute projects working with cross-functional team members
- Your voice is heard – Suggestion Programs encourage you to bring your ideas forward
- Quality Catch – Flag potential concerns to management in real time and get rewarded
- Community Support – Give back and get involved with volunteer and charity programs
- Pilot teams – When new models are about to be manufactured, you may have the opportunity to travel to Japan
- Regularly review business conditions to determine the number of Team Members we can convert from contract to permanent status
- Apply for Kaizen Team/Special Projects – focus on improving safety, productivity, and cost
- Apply for Internal Positions in Administration and Engineering
- Training & Development programs to support continued education
- Grow with us:
- Team Trainer
- Team Leader
- Group Leader
- Apprentice Programs for Skilled Trades
We are a friendly and interactive group. At TMMC’s automotive manufacturing plants in Cambridge and Woodstock, Team Members work closely together, support each other, and get together socially after work.
- Red Barrel – We support Team Members in need with fundraising support
- Life Milestone celebrations and announcements – Birthday lunches, Weddings, New Family Members
- Social Club – Organized events and outings
- Intramural sports teams and workout facilities
(Compliance, Accountability, Reporting, Excellence and Sustaining)
We have a “take action” safety focus and TMMC makes it a priority to make ergonomic improvements.
- Clean and bright shop floor
- Extensive training prior to work assignments including ergonomics
- Interactive safety stations to identify hazards
- Safety symposiums
- All Managers do a safety walk every lunch hour
- PPE, Tools, and clothing allowance provided
What Our Production Team Members Say
“I made a risky career move when I left a full-time position to join Toyota and I have not been disappointed since! My only regret would be that I hadn’t done it sooner. Opportunity came knocking and I’m very glad I opened that door.”
– Heather, Production TM
“Toyota has been investing much time and money in training Team Members. Our Global Production Centre is a fantastic environment for the introduction of TMMC and what we do here. I have been a trainer for 5 years and the Fundamental Skills that we teach our Team Members are the basis of everything we do at Toyota.”
– Stuart, Production TM
“I like working at TMMC, not only because it has a very positive work environment and company culture, but also has many opportunities and provides support for everyone to develop personal and professional skills.”
– Gina, Production TM